As the temperatures soar above the skies, what better way to look and feel fabulous than achieving a Summer Makeup Look? This season brings in a unique set of beauty challenges, so if you want to be Sun-Kissed and Radiant, follow along for this summer’s top tips and products to keep you looking gorgeously on-trend all season long!
1. Illuminating Sun-Kissed Skin: Basics of a Sun-Kissed Glow
This summer season get your sun-kissed glow in no time! Every beauty buff knows the importance of getting a natural tan for that perfect sun-kissed look. Here’s a guide to help you out:
Get Your Gear:
- Sunscreen: ensure to use one with an SPF 30 rating like Bioderma’s Photoderm Max Crème.
- Hats & Sunglasses: take your pick from fashionable beanies, Panama hats, fedoras, aviators and add a style to your sun-kissed look.
- Swimwear: let the sun reach the intended parts while protecting your body with the perfect pair of swim shorts to make your swim effortless.
Find Your Spot:
- Choose a spot which is shaded from direct daylight but receives ample sunlight.
- Beach lovers can opt to lie on the shoreline with a beach towel and seek some sun.
- If you are in a hurry, then head straight to a sunbed and get the glow you desire in a jiffy.
Set The Time:
- Depending on your skin type, set the appropriate time. The fairer your skin, the shorter the time.
- When sunbathing, it is important to take frequent breaks in between to avoid over tanning.
- Tanning should ideally be spaced out to one or two times a week for optimal results and more importantly be safe in the sun.
2. Get Cheeky! Natural Blush Techniques to Enhance Your Color
Add healthy color to your cheeks with natural blush techniques that make your glow look like you got a kiss from the sun! Start off with a subtle and natural look, then layer up blush to create deeper shades.
- Apply Blush with a Brush – Pick up a soft, fluffy blush brush with a rounded end. Distribute a small amount of blush onto the brush. Apply to the apples of your cheeks and blend outward in an upward motion. This gives the cheeks a natural flush of color.
- Finger Blending – Rub a bit of blush onto the center of your fingertips. Place onto the apple of your cheeks then press and blend outward. Finger blending is great for a sheerer and softer hue and avoiding harsh lines.
- Highlighting – Pick a slightly lighter shade than your natural blush and sweep a small amount onto the high points of your cheeks. Swirl in the same motion as your blush, but upwards towards your temples. This is a great trick to add dimension and brightness to your complexion.
- Cream Blush – Start with prepped skin to create a smooth base for your cream blush. Rub a bit of cream blush between your fingertips or onto the surface of your hand. Appl the cream to the apples of your cheeks, blending upward. This gives a dewy and luminous hue and can be layered easily.
Regardless of the technique you use, always vary the pressure—the softer you go, the more natural the hue will be. To adjust intensity of color, simply layer up by adding a bit more each time. If you use too much, simply use your fingertip to blend it out gently. Natural blush techniques give you control over how much blush you have and how it looks, giving you a subtle flush of color that will keep you looking fresh and rosy.
Now with these techniques in your arsenal, you can add a pinkification of color to your cheeks to enhance your look! It’s easy to master and have some fun playing around with the hue and intensity to create a look that’s perfect for you.
3. Eyes of Summer: Taking Big Bolds with Bold Shadows
Rumour has it that summer is the season of eyes. Wide, bold eyes that beckon you outside to bask in adventures outdoors. The colors and the shadows infusing summer season are glorious. Here are a few ideas to light up your face and accentuate your eyes like a pro.
- Black Eyeliner: Bring out your eyes with black, winged eyeliner! It will give your look a punky, dramatic feel that you can lightly shade with a black eye shadow for depth and texture. Accentuate the curve of your eyelids to create an edgy feel that won’t be forgotten.
- Bright Shadow: Rich, fiery sparks of yellow, orange and red give your eyes a distinct, fiery essence that is vibrant and stylish. Apply the shadows in the creases and blend them out with a brush. Layer the intensity for a dramatic glam finish.
- White Highlight: Channel a magical, twinkling starlight vibe when you dab on some white eye shadow under your eyebrow and in the inner corner of your eye. Your eyes will look wider and brighter with just the tiniest bit of white.
- Brown Shade: If you want a look that is more natural, a sweeping shade of brown is the perfect choice. Line your upper lid with black and colour your lower lash line with the brown shade. Blend them together for a natural-looking, soft summer eye.
Whatever look you are going for, experiment with these tips and make it work for you. The season of sunshine is a great opportunity to light up your eyes with colour and character.
Fashion trends may come and go, but why not try something knew? Step outside of the box and choose a look that is all yours. Put a bow on your bold eyes of summer and enjoy the results.
4. Keep it Cool: Smoky Eyes and Dewy Lips are the Perfect Finishing Touches
The Glam Girl look is all about pairing the perfect smoky eyes with a dewy, fresh glowing lip. Whether you’re trying to achieve a classic romantic look, or go for an edgier vibe, these two elements are key.
Let’s start with the smoky eye. Get ready to create your canvas with an eye shadow primer then choose a shadow that has a mix of grey and brown tones. The key is with blending, so make sure to apply the shadow slowly and with patience. For extra glam, add a subtle shimmer in the inner corners of your eye. Lastly, make sure to use eyeliner to define the look –don’t be afraid to take extra time with this.
Next, focus on the lips. Start off with a lip balm to keep them nice and hydrated. Choose a lip color with a subtle sheen and apply in dabbing motions with a brush. Glossy lips are the ultimate finishing touch to the glam look, so take the time to apply it patiently.
To top off your look, use these optional add-ons:
- Highlighter:Apply a tiny amount of highlighter for a glowing effect
- Loose glitter:Tap a tiny bit of loose glitter near the inner corners of the eye lids
- False lashes:Add some drama with false lashes for a dramatic effect
Say goodbye to dull makeup looks and say hello to a summer of sun-kissed radiance! With these easy tips and tricks, you can make every summer look your own. Let this season be a time to shine and illuminate with a warmth that radiates from within. So with some shimmer, some gloss, and a touch of color, show your friends that you are full of the radiance of a sun-kissed summer and get ready to shine!